I've been thinking a lot about what I do to be more eco-friendly lately.
Here are is the list I've come up with:
- Use reusable fabric bags instead of single-use plastic bags when shopping. I usually create my shopping bags using a scrap of materials from fabric swatches I get sent from Italian mills.
- Buy products made from sustainable materials, such as natural organic wool produced locally, dyed with natural colours, and recycled materials
- Reduce the washing cycles to conserve water.
- Use public transport or a bike instead.
- Compost food waste instead of throwing it in the trash.
- Reduce meat consumption to lessen the carbon footprint of my diet. This is effortless in the summer as local farmers sell the vegetables at local markets.
- Plant trees and other plants to absorb carbon dioxide and provide oxygen. I think my garden is becoming a forest!
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs and appliances to reduce energy usage.
- Donate or recycle old clothes and electronics instead of throwing them away. The charity shops here in the UK are a perfect place for taking your unwanted things.
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying disposable plastic water bottles. I am positively impressed by the queues at water fountains, they are luckily becoming longer and longer.
I hope these help inspire you to make eco-friendly changes in your life too!